Last updated: 7/8/2020
Due to recent events, the Township of Dennis is moving to a modified services schedule. The goal of our plan is to reduce human contact, while continuing to operate essential services for our township residents.
Cooperation of the Township employees and residents will be needed for a successful temporary downsizing of services. We thank everyone in advance for helping the township government get through a difficult time.
- Township operations may be reduced to essential services.
- Effective July 20, 2020, Town Hall will be open to the public. Residents are required to wear face coverings in the building and sanitize their hands when they enter and leave. Public will not be permitted past the main hallway and are required to conduct business at the designated service window(s).
- Paper business may also be conducted through the drop box at town hall for anyone who does not wish to enter the building. Access will be granted to the paper box area in the vestibule 24/7.
Limited Services by Department:
- Tax Collection
- The Tax Collection Office will continue to operate with minimal public interaction.
- Visit this link for more information on Tax Collection Essential Services
- Construction Office
- The Construction Office will continue to operate with minimal public interaction.
- Visit this link for more information on Construction Office Essential Services
- Code Enforcement
- Clerk & Registrar Office
- The Clerk & Registrar Office will continue to operate with minimal public interaction.
- Visit this link for more information on Clerk & Registrar Essential Services
- Business Administration and Chief Financial Office
- Public Works
- Public Works will continue to operate with minimal public interaction.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of the buildings is an essential service performed by public works and will be Public Work’s primary focus.
- Brush and Leaf Collection are finished for the Summer season.
- Trash, Recycling & Bulk Collection: see below
- Telephone Hours: Monday – Friday 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Public Works will be available to the public via email:
- Tax Assessment
- Recreation/ Parks and Playgrounds
- The recreation building is closed to the public and indoor organized recreation is temporarily suspended.
- 2020 Summer Camp has been cancelled.
- 2020 Summer Basketball is scheduled to start in July.
- Recreation and Parks and Playgrounds staff will continue to operate with minimal public interaction.
- Currently, the outdoor portion of the Recreation Center is open to the public. Residents using the park are reminded of the following:
- Do not use the park if you are not feeling well.
- Groups of more than 10 persons are prohibited.
- Maintain at least 6 feet social distance between users.
- Wash your hands as soon as possible. Do not touch your face.
- Summer Telephone Hours (eff. until 9/4): Monday – Thursday 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM
- Recreation Director – Kim Herron:
- Senior Center
- The Senior Center is closed and all planned Senior Center activities are temporarily suspended.
- Senior Center staff will continue to operate with minimal public interaction.
- Summer Telephone Hours (eff. Until 9/4): Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Senior Center – Rosemarie Essig:
- The Museum is closed and all planned Museum activities are temporarily suspended.
- Museum volunteers will continue to operate with minimal public interaction.
Trash & Recycling:
Trash & Recycling is currently contracted to Pinelands Recycling. At this time, Pinelands expects to continue to collect trash and recycling on the regular schedule. Trash and Recycling Collection questions or problems call Pineland Construction & Recycling, LLC at 609-425-8564.
Regular scheduled bulk trash collection resumed May 1, 2020. Residents can visit https://dennistwp.org/public-works/ for additional information.
Any questions with respect to the procedures set forth in this document, please contact Business Administrator Jessica Bishop at .